April 7, 2010
Please watch this brief and inspiring video message regarding our Sprint to the Finish for the Oneness Day Petition.
Our Sprint to the Finish program has had fantastic results. Not only did we come together in community with local HT teammates, we also were connected live through Skype all day globally on March 30 as we wrote to like-minded organizations and people we felt would sign the petition. In the seven days following our March 30 Sprint to the Finish we gained 6000 new signatures, more than a tenth of all the signatures for which we are looking. Our efforts have been successful! Join us for our next Sprint to the Finish day on Tuesday, April 20th.
If you plan to participate, please send an email to email@example.com with your skype address so that you can be added to the live chat group. Please write “skype address” in the subject line. You may also write to Nannette with any questions you may have regarding participation.
And if you haven’t already signed the petition, please go to http://tiny.cc/weare1HT and sign and share with others!
As of today we have over 38,000 signatures ~ we will reach our goal of 50,000 by mid May!
All my love,
Worldwide Coordinating Director
On May 20, 2010, members of Humanity’s Team will be meeting with United Nations in New York to give them our petition with all of your signatures from all over the world and ask them to help us create a World Day of Oneness that will be celebrated by humanity for many generations to come.
We are entering our “Sprint to the Finish”.
And to make sure we reach our goal, we are setting aside 3 action days in the coming months where we will focus our intention of having 50,000 signatures. Those days are:
and May 11th.
We will be on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and MySpace. We will blog, tag, email, comment,and hug as many people, fan pages, groups, friends and channels as we can. We will use the toolkit on the Humanity’s Team website and post up petitions in coffee shops, yoga studios and spas all over the world. We will send letters to the media, to our churches, and our meet-up groups. We’ll hit the street and pass out information, whatever it takes! We will focus on these efforts with all of our being on these three days..
and we invite you to join us. Lets Sprint to the finish. 50,000 signatures by May 20th.
Visit http://www.humanitysteam.org and find out how you can participate!
Oneness Day Petition – What is it?
A ONENESS DAY Petition – Potentially the most important petition ever launched . . . toward a New Spirituality, a new humanity, a new earth.
Humanity’s Team is collecting 50,000 signatures to persuade the United Nations to declare a Oneness Day, a day set aside and embraced by individuals, communities and nations for humanity to celebrate, discuss and experience our commonality, while still acknowledging and respecting our beautiful cultural diversities…a day to unite in Oneness for the greater good of the Human Family.
The first step takes 30 seconds. Join the thousands of others who are signing the petition. As we remember who and what we are on that day, we soon realize who and what we are every day. And then we can realize heaven on earth!
Celebrities such as Neale Donald Walsch, Marianne Williamson, Joe Vitale, Deepak Chopra, Timothy Freke and Nobel Peace laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu, signed it. Won’t you?
THANKS for joining us!
Oneness Day Petition – The Text
- That the message We Are All One, inter-related, inter-connected and inter-dependent, with God/Life/One-another, is the one spiritual message that the world has been waiting for to bring about loving and sustainable answers to humanity’s challenges.
- That the world does not have to be the way it is – and that individual people can change it, using the power of spiritual citizenship.
- That humanity is good and has unlimited potential, and that social transformation starts with personal transformation. I therefore recognize the importance of connecting with my divine essence and inner wisdom throughout my life’s journey; allowing the finest and the highest levels of human potential to flourish for the benefit of all.
- My aspirations to support spiritual principles, global ethics, and universal values such as respect, justice, peace, dignity, freedom, responsibility and cooperation, that underlie this declaration.
- That human beings need each other to survive on this planet. I recognize that we are all in this together and that community flourishes as we learn about each other and revel in the wonder and beauty of our diversities. I declare that I am playing my part to help to bring about a culture in which we, the peoples of the world, can address our common global concerns in an holistic, positive and transforming way and live together in peace with one another.
- That Oneness contains All of life – also the parts that we regard as the “other”. I realise that wholeness and togetherness can only be experienced through the recognition of the uniqueness, beauty and purpose of all aspects of life, and that this recognition starts with my Self.
- That I am part of the emerging consciousness that promotes a spirit of openness, enquiry, connection and relationship with myself and the entire universe, and who continues to recognise the wonder, beauty and mystery of it all.
- I declare that the time for change is now, and I declare the importance of a day set aside for all of humanity to come together as one human family, to discuss, celebrate and experience Oneness.
AFFIRMATION by Yoko Ono
Thank you, thank you, thank you
Our planet is healthy and whole
Every part of the planet is revitalized and healed.
We, the people of Earth
See clearly, Hear clearly, Think clearly.
Express and communicate our thoughts clearly
Spiritually, Mentally, and physically.
For the benefit of ours and other planets’
We make the right judgement, right decision, right move
at the right time and the right place
for ourselves and others.
We are now bathing in the light of Dawn
Standing in the Heaven we have created on Earth.
We now wish to share this Age of Joy
With all Lives in the Universe.
We are all one, united with infinite and eternal love.
For the highest good of all concerned, So be it.
For The One-ness Petition
Yoko Ono is an artist, singer, songwriter, musician, filmmaker and peace activist who lives and works in New York City.