OCCUPY THIS ALBUM – available at Amazon.com here.
Music For Occupy, Inc (musicforoccupy.org), along with producers Jason Samel, Maegan Hayward, Alex Emanuel and Shirley Menard have come to the aid of the Occupy Movement to create the first OWS Benefit Album entitled Occupy This Album: A Compilation of Music By, For and Inspired by the Occupy Wall Street Movement and the 99%.
To be released on 15 May 2012, Occupy This Album is a 4 disc physical set with 76 tracks digitally distributed worldwide.
The album contains original music from both iconic and emerging artists who have lent their voices and talents to the ever expanding project.
1. Something’s Got to Give, Matt Pless
2. Come On, Come On, Come On, Jackson Browne
3. Occupation Freedom, George Martinez & The Global Block Collective
4. People Have The Power (Live In Marseille), Patti Smith
5. Love Anthem (Only Love), My Pet Dragon
6. The Panic is On, Loudon Wainwright III
7. Occulture, Cosmonaut
8. Save Us, Papercranes (feat. Rain Phoenix)
9. Smile (Get Up and Sing), Jay Samel
10. This Is What America Looks Like, Tenderflex (DJ Logic & David Maurice) feat. Dynasty Electric, Ayler Young and Jay Rodriguez
11. Big Little Wolfs, Aeroplane Pageant
12. Agent 99, Alex Emanuel
13. Safety In Numbers, Deborah Harry
14. Hey, can I Sleep On Your Futon?, Richard Barone
15. Occupy Wall Street “Here Here Here”, Black Dragon
16. White Gold, Ladytron
17. Greed, Gabriel Aldort
18. Against The Machine, Taj Weekes & Adowa
19. The Young Idealists, Lloyd Cole20.A Peaceful Solution, Willie Nelson
1. The Time They Are a-Changin’, Michael Moore
2. The World Is On Fire, Ace Reporter
3. Latter Days, The Middle Eight
4. Turn The Lights On, Chroma
5. Which Side Are You On? Ani DiFranco
6. Well May The World Go, Tao Rodriguez-Seeger
7. Unified Tribes, Thievery Corporation
8. Robber Barons, Thee Oh Sees
9. Saving Up To Go Bankrupt, Mike Rimbaud
10. Hell No (I’m Not Alright), Nanci Griffith
11. We Stand As One, Joseph Arthur
12. Cash Machine, Girls Against Boys
13. Rebellion Politik, Junkyard Empire
14. Nothing Recedes Like Progress, Anti-Flag
15. Rebel, Fear Nuttin Band
16. Under The Bridge, Jill Sobule with John Doe
17. Take A Stand, Stephan Said
18. The Answer, UNKLE
19. World Wide Rebel Songs, Tom Morello: The Nightwatchman
20. If There Ever Was A Time, Third Eye Blind
1. Move On Fast, Yoko Ono
2. If We Live, Build The Sun
3. Fight The Good Fight, Our Lady Peace
4. I Don’t Need Money, Julie B Bonnie
5. The World Is Turning, Toots & The Maytals
6. A New York Minute, Nickodemus feat. The Real Live Show, Sadat X, ILLspokinN and Rabbi Darkside
7. The Cash All Flows To Me , Gentleman Brawlers
8. Industrial Park, The Mammals (feat. Pete Seeger)
9. Big Fish, Yo La Tengo & the Lost City Rumblers
10. Occu-Pie, Harry Hayward
11. Free, Mystic Bowie
12. Oye Mi Voz, Los Cintron
13. Walk On, Carolyn Wonderland
14. Coney Island Winter, Garland Jefferys
15. China Basin Digs, Joel Rafael
16. Walkin’, The Pimps of Joytime (feat. Roy Ayers)
17. River’s Gonna Rise (Live), Warren Haynes Band
18. Rich Man’s World, Immortal Technique
19. Staying Out And Calling In, Danger Field
1. We Can’t Make It Here, James McMurtry with Joan Baez & Steve Earle
2. We Are, New Party Systems (feat. Kyp Malone)
3. Revolution, Nova Echo
4. Number One, Born I Music
5. Play The Greed, Dar Williams
6. Broke Heart Blues, Ronny Elliot
7. What Are Their Names, David Crosby & Graham Nash
8. Make A Stand, Dylan Chambers with Lester Chambers
9. Better Luck Next Time, Jennie Arnau
10. All Over The World, Arlo Guthrie & Family
11. We’re The 99, Lauren Diamond (feat. Liz O’Donnell)
12. We Are Human, Mike + Ruthy
13. Blessed, Lucinda Williams
14. Freedom Of Speech, Kanaska Carter
15. Reclaim, Rejectionist Front
16. Occupy (We the 99), Jasiri X
17. Earth Division, Mogwai
18. Occupy Wall Street Drummers “Pulse” Spoken Word By Paul Spitz, Occupy Wall Street Drummers “Pulse” With Spoken Word By Paul Spitz
Newly anounced artists that have contributed original music include Patti Smith, Ani Difranco, The Mammals (featuring Pete Seeger), Everlast, Dar Williams, UNKLE (featuring Big In Japan), Nanci Griffith, Jill Sobule (with John Doe), Anti Flag, Melody Kills, Au Revoir Simone, The Pimps of Joytime, Nicodemus, Garland Jeffreys, Build the Sun, The Gentleman Brawlers, The Nova Echo, Jasiri X, New Party Systems (with Kyp Malone), Gabriel Aldort, Fear Nuttin Band, Lauren Diamond, Born I Music, Rejectionist Front, Amanda Palmer, Nadirah Shakoor, Aliza Hava, Andrew Vladeck, Chris Pierce, Greg Smith and Broken English, Jason White, The Layaways, The Swedes, Mother Feather, The Occubilly Bros., Hanne Hukkelberg, Marcus Blake, Renegade Creation are just a few who have provided a hit list of new anthems for the generations.
Music with a mission, the release serves as a celebration that provides a musical voice and ultimately through record sales, financial support to fortify the movements continuation.
All proceeds received from the sale of this work will go directly to the Occupy movement.
Occupy Wall Street (OWS) is the people powered movement that began in the financial district of New York City on 17 September 2011 and has grown into a global occupation. The cause can now be found in 951 cities in 83 countries including Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Africa.
For more information on Occupy This Album visit www.musicforoccupy.org.
Matt Pless, Jackson Browne, Global Block, Patti Smith, My Pet Dragon Loudon Wainwright III, Cosmonaut, Paper Cranes with (Rain Phoenix), Jay Samel, DJ Logic (Tenderflex), Aeroplane Pageant, Alex Emanuel, Debbie Harry, Everlast, Richard Barone, Black Dragon, Ladytron, Gabriel Greene, Taj Weekes, Lloyd Cole, Willie Nelson, Michael Moore, Ace Reporter, The Middle Eight, Chroma, Ani Difranco, Tao Rodriguez-Seeger, Thievery Corporation, Thee Oh Sees, Mike Rimbaud, Melody Kills, Joseph Arthuer, Devo, Junkyard Empire, Anti Flag, Fear Nuttin Band, Jill Sobule (With John Doe), Stephan Said, UNKLE (Featuring Big In Japan), Tom Morello, Third Eye Blind, Yoko Ono, Build The Sun, Our Lady Peace, Julie B. Bonnie (with Kid Loco), Toots And The Maytals, Nicodemus, The Gentleman Brawlers, The Mammals Featureing Pete Seeger (Spoken Word), Yo La Tengo (and the Lost City Ramblers), Harry Hayward, Mystic Bowie, Los Cintron, Everlast, Garland Jeffreys, Joel Rafael, The Pimps Of Joytime Featuring Roy Ayers, Warren Haynes, New Party Systems Featuring Kyp Malone, The Nova Echo, Born I Music, Dar Williams, Ronny Elliot, Crosby And Nash, Dylan Chambers Featuring Lester Chambers, Jennie Arnau, Lauren Diamond, Mike + Ruthy, Lucinda Williams, Kanaska Carter, Rejectionist Front, Jasiri X, Mogwai, Occupy Wall Street Drummers “Pulse” featuring Paul Spitz spoken word, Andrew Vladeck, Greg Smith and the Broken English, Aliza Hava, The Occubilliy Brothers, Chris Pierce, Amanda Palmer, Nadirah Shakoor, Hanne Hukkelberg, Jason White, Nancy Griffith, Renegade Creation, Jesse Lenat, The Swedes, Bill Mlotok, Marcus Blake, Angels Of Vice, The Layways, Mother Feather, Thorin Caristo, Machan Taylor, Brian Michael and David Amram
Our mission is to inspire and celebrate through music the Occupy Wall Street movement and the 99% who’ve been adversely affected by the economic corruption that has permeated our Democracy, created a near insurmountable disparity in wealth, and hindered life, liberty, justice and the pursuit of an honest living for all. Music For Occupy has been created in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street, and all proceeds above board attained through the production and distribution of “Occupy This Album: a compilation of music by, for and inspired by the Occupy Wall Street movement and the 99%” will go directly towards the needs of sustaining this growing movement.
Artwork provided by illustrator Robert Grossman.
Please note that while many of us have worked with OWS in numerous capacities, Occupy This Album was produced autonomously and this project is in no way, shape or form endorsed by the Arts or Music Working Groups at Occupy Wall St, nor by the movement as a whole. Thus, this project should not be considered as coming from within the movement itself, but rather as an independent project.
We (“Occupy This Album”, and Music For Occupy) are simply musicians and music professionals who wish to give as much as we can to the movement.
For further clarification, please refer to the Statement of Autonomy of Occupy Wall St at http://www.nycga.net/resources/statement-of-autonomy