THE POWER OF WORDS
Your words will run around forever to reverberate in the ocean of the world like a pebble you dropped in the water.
Let’s believe in that power – the large power that could move the mountain and the ocean. yes.

Yoko Ono
December 31st 2010

First pubished December 31st 2010 in the major national Japanese newspapers: Yomiuri Shimbun, Asahi Shimbun, Mainichi Shimbun & Sankei Shimbun.

Facebook Comments

comments

Tagged with:

24 Responses to THE POWER OF WORDS by Yoko Ono

1. Gabriel says:

That is PERFECT!!

”Yes”

2. Christopher Joaquin says:

Dear Yoko,

I shed no tears for John because what was best in him lives in you.

Your time is now, the world needs you now.

We need your voice.

Please step forward into the light.

John will not let you fall.

Peace can be realized now.

Best Wishes,

Christopher

3. strange. it is easier, better, more beautiful to say peace in English than in my language, Swedish.
    as a writer, I try to get around this problem.

4. Each and every one of us holds tremendous power to make a difference for the good…through our words and in our actions…imagine…a scale with a balance of feathers on each side…how many does it take to tip the scale? Only ONE. The power of ONE. See The Marketing of Peace Project at Victor-Hugo gallery.com

5. Jude says:

I cry for you Dear Yoko. You are my sunshine. I love you ♥

6. Guy Charest says:

Yes, my little pebble is ready to make a wave. May 2011 be the year of the pebble. Every smile is a pebble. Yes I’m part of the dreamers, and proud of it!!
    Happy new year Yoko! Love, Guy

7. Genie says:

I love you lots 小野 洋子
    I wish you one of the greatest year
    Thanks SO MUCH
    Got new wrinkles on my forehead
    On my quest through the net
    To try and reach you
    We expect Alejandro J. in Montreal in about a hundred days… Wondering if both of you were still in touch… mais je m’en fous un peu: je voulais seulement te dire comme je t’aime de toute façon!

8. Janice says:

Even our thoughts have the power to move oceans when mind, body and spirit are connected. The saying: “Be careful what you wish for”, is valid because all thought is energy and when we write it down we give it power. “Yes” is very powerful, it’s compete, it acts without other words and in many situations it gives – hopefully something wonderful to illuminate the collective spirit of humanity.

9. anna1963 says:

Yes, words can change …moleculars structures. Word is an energy,is a sound,is the articulation of thought- and thoughts are very powerful.
    It’s great when we use words in order to counteract negative communication.
    ” Out of the the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks”
    Your words still warm my heart!
    Happy New Year ( but all life is a chance…), Yoko! To you and yours!
    With love from Poland Anna

10. Bia says:

Hi Yoko!!!
    The words are the powerful weapons can hurt or nurture, the most powerful word in the world LOVE that is full on my interior.I love you very much!!! Happy New Year!!! Kisses
    Many flowers for you!!!
    ♥Peace and Love♥
    Bia
    PORTO ALEGRE – RS – BRASIL

11. bryan cooper says:

words are all we haaaave! or letters…….how dare they torture the children of the world with poor english all day/year/eon…………

peace Yoko,

12. Sonia Vinluan says:

Words can be too powerful!!!

13. Julia says:

wonderful!
    love x

14. Caila says:

Thanks, Yoko. You are beautiful and inspiring! Much love.

15. Gene Rubio says:

Say it like it is and it’s as coool as it gets. Go with the flow no matter which way it goes. Hang in, hang out, chill out, know your whereabouts.
    Be aware, be prepared, and just be.

To Yoko and everyone:
    Have a ☺cheerful and ☮peaceful year.

Happy New Year 2011
    ✌☺

16. It is time to choose the words that create peace…choose the actions that create peace…choose the thoughts that create peace.

17. In honor of John’s 70th birthday I got a peace sign tattoo on my left ankle.

We were robbed of all John would have said and done to make the world a better place, and the loss of his music is incalculable.

Yoko, I think the Imagine Piece Tower is a wonderful tribute to a beautiful man.

18. Francie says:

Words are very powerful!
    Imagine peace for all, forever!

• Let’s get the power of words back into the hands of our children! Read to your children each day and the result will be a shining light leading the way through all the doors that will then be opened for them.