IMAGINE PEACE

by yoko ono

to the pebble people: start your own campaign!

A butterfly is hopping from flower to flower. Oh, good. I think. The butterfly is busybodying as usual.

We are like butterflies. We busybody ourselves every day for our survival as we think we know how. But the difference with us, is that we know we are not as innocent as the butterflies. We are about to ruin this planet we call ours through our stupidity.

Luckily, there are so many of us in the world, who are now awakened, ready to act to save our world.

So let’s work together to save this planet. Since destiny is created by first imaging what destiny we want for ourselves, we should IMAGINE PEACE in a big way with total conviction. In the old days, gurus sat and meditated day and night. That was pretty powerful. But we live in a different world. Time is so precious to us now. A million kids can be killed in one second as we are wondering what to do. So we can’t just sit and meditate. We should IMAGINE PEACE day and night, as we go about our daily lives.

Yes. One thing that is interesting is you cannot be violent while you are imagining peace.
 If all of us in the world imagined peace at all times, there will be no dis-ease (disease) in the world. In fact, dis-ease will disappear from this planet altogether.

We should focus on healing the world we have destroyed, by asking our healing power to come out.
 Our intent of healing will start to show it’s power by just asking for it.
 When all of us ask the world to be healed, it will be.

Know that it is that simple.
 We are all connected.
 We affect each other right away.
 We affect each other even when we are in fear, confusion, anger, wanting to destroy the world.
 That’s how strongly connected we are.

Let’s start thinking what you can do, knowing that we are standing in the midst of an incredible disaster created by us, the human race. It is so bad that the farmers, who are providing what we eat, are being bankrupted for not complying to the ways of greedy corporate needs, losing their ancestral lands…some of them even committing suicide. The saddest thing is that so many children are sexually abused, sold for human parts and die or perish before their teens.

Please take a good look at what is happening around you. It may seem hopeless. But it is not. It is not difficult to change your down feeling to pure energy of getting the work done with love. Is that possible? Yes, it is.

The Universe will be affected immediately as you start to want to think the right way and correct the disease in our world. Since, disease is only a dis-ease, a condition created by our confused minds.

Send your message through the internet of how you love life and why. Because the people on the internet are also your family.
If you keep meditating in your mind – not giving yourself the luxury of making a special sit-in meditation, but doing what you can do to change the world, if you did that for three months you will see the difference in your life and even a difference in our planet. Thus, we will be making a quiet revolution together.

Just do what you can do. Nothing more.
By that, you will be starting the wheels of goodness to turn.

Something especially wonderful was told to me just recently. Two scientists who were researching the effect of waves in the ocean for two years, came to the conclusion that the smallest stimulus to the water be it a drop of a pebble, or a child splashing the water at the shore, affects the whole ocean, each time. Well, I thought we do affect each other on land, but I hadn’t realized that that was true in the ocean as well! What a blessing! Nature is making things so easy for us!

So now I call ourselves the small pebble people. Send small pebbles to the world. Don’t make big splashes with large stones. That will attract people and the wrong people as well. Our quiet revolution will not make announcements, but one day will be accepted by all people as the norm of life. The human race has done that with many things. Like we wanted to fly, and invented aeroplanes. We wanted to see the other side of the moon, and we have. This time, we want to heal our planet, and bring peace to this world. We will.

I am now starting to miss the butterflies. Where are they now? Once there were so many.

It’s time for you to start your own campaign today. You will see that it spreads and covers the world very fast, and meanwhile it will make you one of the small pebble people. Small pebble people are people who know that small pebbles, when they’re dropped in the ocean, will immediately affect the ocean of the whole wide world. Again, don’t throw big stones. It scares people and creates repercussions.

So we’ll just keep dropping small pebbles. Together. That’s how we will change the world. We change, and the world changes. Have trust in what you can do. Have trust in how fast we can change our world for the better. Why? Because we have to.

I would like to share an affirmation with you. Now say it in your mind with the firm belief that we are one, and together. We’ll make it.

In the name of Truth, Peace and Love:
Our Planet is healthy and whole.

We, the People of Earth,
See clearly, Hear clearly, Think clearly,
Make the right Judgement, right Decision and the right Move
For the benefit of Us, our Planet and the Universe.

We are now bathing in the light of dawn,
Standing in the Heaven we have created together on this Planet.

We wish to share this age of Joy with all lives on Earth,
As We are One,
United with Infinite and Eternal Love.

For the highest good of all concerned, So be it.

Facebook Comments

comments

Tagged with:

55 Responses to IMAGINE PEACE by Yoko Ono

1. BIA says:

Hi Yoko!!!

Your words, your attitudes, your work and commitment over the years for peace and a more humane world makes our days full of hopes and urges us to believe and everyone can do their part in a world where few know what is really peace and love.

Peace and Light in your heart! :)

i ii iii

BIA

PORTO ALEGRE – BRASIL

2. a.l. waddell says:

dear yoko you need to know that some voices are silent or overwhelmed but the spirit of universal love is always present

3. siska says:

i can not agree more, peace and love, Yoko.

4. jonathan says:

thankyou Yoko :)Peaceloveluck @bearhugs!

5. Carol Saiz says:

You still rawk, Yoko! kisses.

6. Martino says:

Many Thanks….
    Love Yoko

7. lugie says:

this is so beutiful. Yes we are one, and together!

8. PebbleDropper says:

My first pebble for this year is the War Is Over page from NYT in our front window. Peace and human kindness to all! Let’s live the message together…

9. Even though SEO Atlanta helps in enhancing the amount of traffic to your site, but it is not a form of advertising.

10. TREVOR says:

Peace is not just a state of mind,it’s the state of you’re mind
    As Yoko says imagine peace…… in time peace will win

11. Anna says:

Great words from a great lady! Let’s spread truth and love and connect for a brighter future in these remarkable years to come !

12. Emilce says:

Eres lo que el mundo necesita…Te quiero Yoko.

13. Yoko,
    Your look so great. Very healthy and very young. Good Job!!!

14. Zachary says:

Absolutely wonderful Yoko!! I love your perspective and knowing that we will make a difference! The affirmation is beautiful and very powerful. I love you!!

15. joe says:

very beautiful yes yes yes peace&love always !!!

16. sswoodgate says:

You beautiful person!

17. julian vargas says:

Estoy sentado frente al computador con mi hijo Matias de ocho años y estamos mirando fijamente a los ojos de Jhon:”…hijo Jhon Lennon fue un musico que escribio y compuso canciones por la paz,por los niños,hombres y mujeres de todo el mundo sin diferencias…”
    Jhon cuanto nos duele aun tu partida…hoy cumples 70 años…
    De pronto apareces tu Yoko,como un angel desde todos los tiempos…apareces como una bendicion,desde el recuerdo feliz y doloroso a la vez y nos traes esperanza ,para seguir creyendo en la vida y salvar a nuestra PACHA MAMA(en quechua lengua original del Peru:MADRE TIERRA )

18. Loijee says:

I read it right and heard it right. This so remarkable! Your blog is amazing. It touches to lots people. What an inspiring one! Thank you! :)

19. Nancy says:

Yoko you truly are so smart and so special. You said it all. I wish
    there were PEACE through out the World. I send out Christmas Cards
    Saying PEACE FOR ALL, but sometimes wonder if there ever will be
    PEACE for the whole world. It is sad that there is not. You are a
    remarkable and brilliant woman and I totally agree with your statment.

I was soooo sad when John’s Life was ended. I always loved John Lennon,
    his briliance and presence and talent. His life was ended too soon, much
    too soon.

He would be very very proud of what you have done with your life.

I see both his sons look so much like him. And of course,
    Sean looks alot like you too. He is the same age as my
    daughter.

Life goes on hopefully, we can try to take pride of the earth,
    people have to start repspecting our waters, our soil, etc…

It is ashame we do not have PEACE for the world, but we
    can try and never give up. The World needs Peace and Love
    so many people have to see it yet and not take things for
    granted. I Loved “Give Peace A Chance” the world needs to
    do that. And also “Imagine” is my favorite for ever.

Your Message was fabulous, I do hope people realize what
    you sare saying.

thanks so much….
    Nancy

20. We are as one, and we do need to go forward as a generation.Our generation changed a world to be at peace. That peace was cracked and divided into pieces
    as one for peace and one agents. All thing are so in the infinite space in witch we live.
    peace and love

from a dreamers dreams

21. ALLEN TERRY says:

Dear Yoko. Your Message is the Poetry the World needs to hear. Well versed and from the Heart. This World is crying for more Peace, Love & Truth. Feed our ears. Love you, Love us, Love All.

22. its article so amaze …and make me marvel without word….
    will earn peace existence in big and also small scale in all day long and also for the future for our children?……

23. Stefan Hall says:

Yoko, Thank You! You are so amazing. You have swayed with the willows through time, but you have remained steadfast in Spirit. Your ideals have never changed. You are a constant; one whose message rings out with truth. I’m so glad to have been led here by Spirit – here to your blog. This post was/is so inspirational. For me, it was a refresher course about the power of visualization, and the care each of us must take with the thoughts we send out into the Universe.
    I am a small pebble & I IMAGINE PEACE. With Love & Peace Profound, Stefan

24. BUTTERFLYS ARE BEAUTIFUL BUT WHAT ELSE IS TRUE ABOUT THEM IS THAT THEY START OUT AS ULGY CATAPILLERS AND TURN INTO BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLYS. SO I GUESS AS THE SONG GOES EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL IN ITS OWN WAY.

25. Barb says:

Thanks Yoko!

26. Claudia says:

Wonderful ! With great admiration for you Yoko .

27. This is a wonderful page. So positive & filled with active ideas & movement for change. Thank you 4 following me & then leading me, here.

fujowlpaimommy

28. Julia cheryl says:

Bless you Yoko for your neverending inspiration toward peace for our planet. We all need to do our part. Much love.

29. Deb Reg says:

I felt so little motivation today, and then your words inspired me. I am going to go out and do good, but first I am going to dance around to Liza Minnelli.

Thank you for giving me so much to think about, and a beautful and positive start to today.

30. ShiloWilson says:

Lovely expression from Yoko heart love of LIFE !

31. ocean says:

Just what i needed….. With Love, a small pebble.

32. Laura says:

Soy vegetariana como muestra de Amor hacia todos los seres vivos. Sólo el Amor salvará al Mundo. Si expandimos PAZ a todo el Universo, el Universo nos devolverá Paz. Gracias YOKO por iluminarnos con tu Amor.

33. M. Hoffman says:

Love and Peace: I will create love and peace from my community everyday. And, It will spread through out the world. Live with compassion. Love your enemy. We are all one.

34. Yoko, the very thought of putting your Imagine Peace idea into daily practice instantly expands my consciousness and grounds my soul with hope! Thank you!

35. i wish i could ask a question to you yoko, but i can never click into it.. just want to share a cup of coffee with you. you feel like a good friend to me. love susan

36. Thank you for that eloquent and articulate post Yoko. You provide wonderful guidance and insight.

Since we live in a world of polarity, where there is darkness, so too, there must be light.

We all have to work together in this mindset, to make that light shine so brightly, it eclipses the negativity around us.

Best regards,

Lynn Fishman RN

37. B Huffman says:

Pesticides have taken so many butterflies away, for they must start out as caterpillars… worms. They eat green, leafy things. Homeowners and farmers are told this is bad and sold products that will rid them of the leaf eaters… and then they die before they become butterflies.

This is happening to our children because of pesticides as well. We can all be a part of the “Quiet Revolution” by voting against these chemicals… by NOT purchasing them or allowing them to be used on our part of the world. Say NO to pesticides!

38. Jane Robson says:

Beautiful and powerful message Yoko. This concept has inspired a performance piece I hope to do for an exhibition.

With much love an hope,
    Jane

39. Yoko, I join you… and the butterfly:

“The Starting of an Empathic Revolution”

With fluttering wings and spinning heart,
    Erika

40. Mary says:

That was very beautiful, Yoko. :)

41. Thank you for so eloquently putting into words what I’ve been thinking lately. And I agree…. large pebbles are a bad idea. Embody peace and your message will not get lost.

42. I’ve just loved to read these words, specially “But don’t make a move until you changed your negative energy to pure energy of getting the work done with love.” I admit I am a little negative about world future, but think positive is a way of make the world better… So I start this right now! I am a small pebble people and I’ll do (and I’m doing!) my part on this quite revolution!

43. yoko wonderful speach. i am so glad you are here in the world to uplift people, and teach all of us how to live life. it could be most things we all ready know, but it takes someone like you to bring it out.

44. Therra says:

This is why I love following you on Twitter:”The Universe will be affected immediately as you start to think in the right way to correct the dis-ease in our world.” When you say/write this, I hear: Don’t just be against war. Be FOR peace. Ripple your ripple for the effect you want, not just against the problem you hate. One person may not be heard railing over the din of war but one person can always offer their piece of peace. And pieces of individual peace eventually make a pretty big peace. xo.
    ~Therra

45. Thank you Yoko for all the job you do for peace. I live in the post communist country and I’ve got impression that here there is far more to do to spread peace than in many other places. My gallery is such a small pebble to make world a little better and I must admit that “the pebble” philosophy works very well. Since the time, I started my nature lover artists gallery I met lots of wonderful people and I met with their honest gratitude that often helps me to survive the momets of saddness caused by the evil.

Best regards
    Danuta Antas
    deArte Gallery Founder

46. nowiswow says:

I’m definitely with you on this.

47. jack diamond says:

Wonderful. Many, many, thanks to you for your gentle yet unequivocal words/music/actions, which have resonated in my heart for years now, in ways at once small and great, just as you describe. I am a lifelong pebble person, too. I believe in the power of the individual for good, and I try to use what I have with care and with humor & joy. Always room for improvement, of course! Thank you for your gentle words and spirit–your commitment to Peace and Love in the face of this gorgeous world’s nearly overwhelming (it seems) ills. With Love and Respect! Jack D.